For more fishing video clips, please visit: http://www.fishingwithrod.com

Ultralight fishing spoons are great for trout and char. In this episode, we target rainbow trout, bull trout and brook trout at Ross Lake, which is located in the Skagit Valley Provincial Park.

Gibbs-Delta Tackle

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fishingwithrod
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fishing_with_rod
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/fishingwithrod

Camera: Rodney Hsu and Nina Manique
Editing: Rodney Hsu
Music: Peter McIsaac Music
Copyright: Fishing with Rod Production

1. Marcus Bullock

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

thomas buoyant in watermelon is a badass spoon with a really nice flutter

2. good chanel

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

do you know favorite's fishing rods ?

3. Ed G

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

I just have four words for you… 1” Rapala Countdown Minnow in either the Rainbow Trout or Brook Trout coloration…. when fishing in gin clear water for trout feeding on minnows… the one and only lore that I got to every time is the Rapala 1” Countdown Minnow and I am sure to catch even the most finicky/spoiled fish…. trout cannot resist the lifelike Minnow lore especially as it sinks after hitting the water…. Rapala has a full compliment of colors to match whatever Minnow is present in the stream or lake but I have consistently caught fish just with the two colors… Rainbow and Brook Trout…. lastly… try the magical Johnson Min-o-Spin spinner 1/16 ounce in hot pink and they are outrageously successful in catching any or all species of trout as evidenced by the fact that this lure is sold out in every store and online venue… it comes in a variety of colors but the hot pink color works the best for some odd reason… also try the Leland Lures Trout Magnet grubs and jigs in hot pink and you’ll be sure to catch more fish….ok … great video …. wish we could see more videos from you… hey… try using 2 pound test line and you’ll have much better luck…

4. Deplorable Trumper

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Hi Rod, if all you are using is a lure why is a leader needed?

5. Shawn Fennell

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Old video, so I dont know if anyone will see this question… but when Rod is casting the spinning rod, after he closes the bail, he pulls a couple inches of line out. What is the reason for that?

6. Clyde Macasero

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

whats a good size rod for trout or fishes under 10lbs? im a newbie to fishing.

7. Garrett Miller

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

You should go pike fishing up in northern B.C.

8. West Coast Fishing

Are u fishing the Canadian or the American side of Ross lake

9. Rere West

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Did you have a swivel on your spoon ? I have a hard time figuring out what size swivel..

10. Daan Siderius

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

And what kind of spoons do you use? And hooks and sizes

11. Daan Siderius

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Rod! I wanna go trout fishing on a vacation once, how can we arrange things like that? Do you do like guiding?

12. Mark Calvert

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Truly enjoy your videos.   Do you ever get to Colorado?  The Catamounts at the top of Pikes Peak are an amazingly beautiful set of lakes.  Would love to take you sometime!

13. Joe Jangle Leg - Jangle Leg Smith

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

What size Siwash hook do you put on your 1/8oz spoons and size #1 inline spinners?

14. Bert's fishing shit

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Bulltrout in my picture is out of that lake in the same spot

15. Michael Paul

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

great vids Rod…should i use a swivel with spoons?

16. Christopher Southey

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

If you loose that many fish Ina row then your hook needs to be checked! It's probably blunt from ticking bottom. Remember as soon as the fish touches the lure it knows something is up. Also the size and shape of the hook and the distance from the lure all makes a massive difference. These things are super important. Striking supper hard isn't always the way… few more things to think about…?? Also Rod I love your videos but please hold and cast your rod properly, your reel handle is on the opposite side to the hand you cast with. Just looks plan awkward. Awesome fishing keep up the good vids

17. Johnathan Kallal

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Rod always has the hottest girls fishing

18. 山本ジャンバラギター

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Looks like a slow action rod .. Correct? I want to buy this rod. Is this 762 ULSS? Or do you know the model number of daiwa spinmatic?

I enjoy watching your videos. Thank you

19. Me 2

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Keep your rod straight after you hooked the fish and dont give it so much slack when youre fishing barbless. You need to put some strength innit. Looks like a faggot giving a handshake.

20. Rudy Gurule

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

What kind of rod is that?

21. Kevin Jensen Jusufi

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

You are so good at trout fishing , do you have some tips for the big once

22. Lightning McQueen

nice Movie, like your Handling with the Fish!👍

23. Ricky Rodriguez

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

You should wet your hands before handling the fish to protect the slime on it

24. Shuswap Outdoors

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

fun day on the water! very cool!

25. pekolucky

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Wonderful video! Very informative!

26. Jon Task

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Just taking up fishing again after a few years break. Nice to see you're still producing quality videos and tuition.

27. Anthony Troy

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

hey, Rod what is the best test line for lake trout? I'm new to trout fishing. or anyone with experience

28. c fedyszyn

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Boy, I'm itching to cast out there. The net is impressive. I like it. How do you connect your leader to the main line? Do you use a small swivel? Thank you.

29. matty d

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

im a huge believer in selective harvest but not so much "catch and release" only water , it gets over populated with predator fish and the smaller bait fish get demolished . Ive seen world class fisheries go to shit because the environmentalist think they are doing a good deed by protecting the sport fish

30. Con H

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

I live in Saskatchewan but every summer I go to the kootenys to do some trout fishing which is my absolute favourite type of fishing and it's a change from the pike and walleye I normally fish for but i also do some trout fishing here but it's way better there. Love your videos too they are great

31. Reuben Williams

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

My local lake over in the uk the rainbow trout are up to 27lb and brown and blue up to 18+

32. Jenky m8

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Which reel and rod is this I wanna try out this combo

33. José Mantilla-Acevedo

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

awesome video. Thank you so much for sharing.

34. Ivan Quin

January 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

I know it's a catch and release lake, but I like shows where People catch fish and cook them up and eat them.