Talking about what you need to catch the beast!

Muskie Fishing Line & Leader
Line – 100LB Power Pro Braid
Leader – 130LB Fluorocarbon, Double Crimp.

The best freshwater big game fishing rod!

Social Media
Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/ProMuskyHunter
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/FishLSC
Website – http://www.FishLSC.com

1. Fishcast Angling

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Not that there’s anything wrong with using 100 lb power pro if that’s what works for you… but for whatever it’s worth power pro had terrible shock resistance (at least years ago when I used it anyways). I used to think random break offs casting lures (or on big jumping saltwater fish which I fish for also ) etc were simply an unfortunate part of the game. However after trying some different braids, In my experience, cortland masterbraid and sufix 832 outdid Power pro in that respect no comparison.

2. Ezra Kohli

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

this answers a question I have asked a number of people. have recently lost 2 brand new dawgs with 80# power pro.

3. Tyson Hook

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

I prefer to use 80lb test with a 100-130lb fluorocarbon leader, I fish a smaller body of water that has a ton of musky but not many have been caught over 40" so I don't throw any crazy big baits and dont think I own anything over 10oz. I dont get vary many backlashes these days but usually have a few each season but have never lost a bait on a bad cast/backlash yet… I could probs go down to 65lb without any issues but I like to use 80lb for the added comfort I get knowing that im not gonna easily break the line and send my lure flying after a bad cast/backlash.

4. Ab0m1nat10n277 YT

3:30 turtle tried to photobomb lol😂😂

5. Mc Filthy Mc Nasty

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Power pro is good stuff. So is Segar fluorocarbon . Lean some good knots to connect the two. It's fast and easy. The more hardware you have the better the chance of frailer

6. Mc Filthy Mc Nasty

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

It doesn't help things when you rap your line around the tip.

7. IEatDisgustingFood

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

my setup now is a okuma guide select 1-6 oz and a diawa lexa 100 with 50 lb braid and 130lb bass pro brand fluoro leader

8. SuperZombiemaniac1

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

I use 55 pound suffix Bc when I got my set up they had just sold out of power pro and they didn't have 65 lb but then I like musky innovation leaders but with how I like one of tyrants baits I have I might end up getting one of their leaders

9. Sztuka Gry

Hey man You can use three ends knot it have 100% knot power of braid TESTED

10. Tacklecentral Fishing

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Factory leaders are pathetic. I tie my own. Far more cost effective.

11. Daveyboy

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

I use 65 lb tuff line and 130 lb leader..lol I haven't had any problems..If you try tuff line you will never use pp again..I promise that..

12. Tacklecentral Fishinglandia

60lb. Is thin? Suffix 832 65lb. Is almost thicker than your 100lb. Braid

13. Tacklecentral Fishinglandia

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

I use the heavyweight saltwater braid to pair up with my saltwater Avet sxj…Good stuff

14. Shane OHara

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

learn to cast…don't use poor swivels… skip any kind of snap… scale it down…. catch more fish. Don't be a butcher… re-tie your knots daily, replace leaders often. Make sure that follow turns into a strike… then make sure that strike turns into a wet net. No musky will break your 65lb test braid… they wont even break your 30lb braid…. it comes down to having all the pieces in the right place and ensuring your rig is sound… stay vigilant and use lighter tackle to convince more musky to strike… what you do after that isn't any of my business….

15. Gary March

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Not kidding about snapping off when getting back lashes. It sucks losing lures. Just did it yesterday. I was shore fishing my land for smaller lake Northern Pike with thin 30lb power pro. My 80lb was old that I originally had on the reel was getting too short and all I had in my cabinet was a new 30lb spool of braid. So I spooled up my reel with 30lb thinking I'd be just fine. I threw a 3" Dardevle spoon… wind blew at me… got a backlash… and there it went (snapped off). If I'm fishing my lake with medium heavy equipment (Older Quantum accurist and a 7'6" Field and Stream Fast Action Rod) and spoons, what line would you use? Seems as though 80lb just limited my casting distance. I am almost always fishing from my kayak. Sometimes a pontoon.

16. Lucky Shot

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

thanks for the great tips

17. Steve Goldy

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

This video only applies for those setups using really large baits, ie. anything over 10oz. I use 60lb braid for all my bucktails, topwaters, jerkbaits, etc. Only a really heavy bait will snap your line on a backlash.

18. Robert Robertson

hi have you ever used SUN line smack down braid 50 to 80 pound

19. Robert Robertson

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

hi it my sound a little strange but try making your own wire leaders by using a piano wire string in any size you like to hold them musky on use your brain instead of your wallet just saying

20. Mason Wharry

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

holy fuck hans. youre soo sick bro. unreal comment…. fuckin plug

21. The Reel Kids Fishing

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

What line would you recommend for casting and a little bit of trolling

22. Burnin Daylight

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Hey Ian I'm just getting into musky fishing and I wanted to know where you got that 100 pound power pro line ? I can't seem to find it anywhere

23. Hans Wurscht

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

I dont fucking respect fishermen not making their own leaders.

24. guitaroidman524

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

titanium wire hardly ever crimps

25. Nathan's Outdoor Adventures

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

What would be a good bait caster to get

26. Bryce Anderson

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

What LB line would you recommend for Pike fishing?

27. Josh Cleaver

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Good tip Ian, I found out the hard way with a 15 dollar bucktail using 30lb power pro! Just what you said, had the spool a little too free and she started to lash and bam, snap that line right now!

28. Gabe Supalla

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

What color line do you usually use?

29. IEatDisgustingFood

February 11, 2019 at 6:21 pm

it will backlash and pull the rod out of your hands isnt that worse than losing a lure