Part one of the four part series, “The Complete Guide to Pier Fishing.” The gear reviewed in this video is all you need to slay the fish off of any east coast pier! Species caught using reviewed gear: whiting, pompano, croaker, spot, spanish mackerel, bluefish, flounder. This video should teach help with teaching you how to pier fish.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZePl52NrbiE

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvfSICoaLhw

Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8madtCNAGk

Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ywJk-A0mA

1. Jim Hinson

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

My next vaction's pier tackle is going to consist of as little stuff as possible. I plan on pre-tying 3 leaders  using 30lb Flouro with Kreh knot non-slip loop on one end and a snap swivel on the other, 3 gotcha lures, small roll of 30lb flouro just in case I lose my pre tied leaders, a small bag of snap swivels, pair of aluminum fishing pliers & a knife. I just went to Gulf shores state pier and was using a gotcha til late at night and caught 3 nice bluefish, a small Barracuda off the very end of the pier, and a ladyfish in the same area. Didn't see many fish being caught just looking around. Love those gotchas!

2. jroyero

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

is there another name for those screw sinkers?

3. D. Hernandez

good video kid

4. Old Account

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Hey, is pier fishing in Alabama any different?

5. Jaron Thomas

Post new videos

6. Kev Mehl

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

When I use shrimp as bait, should I chum the water with cocktail sauce before or after I drop the line?

7. 360Alabama Outdoors

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Also the bubble rig works much better for Spanish Macks then the plugs. One other thing if you are targeting southern king fish use a long shanked hook because they suck the bait in most the time using a normal short shanked hook will mean lots of retying

8. Runtothemusic

Very informative!!! Thanks.

9. Rashad Dawud

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

I think that I could outfits u any day your big fisheries are my bait

10. Dante Jones

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

About to head to Myrtle Beach tomrow morning, going pier/surf fishing for the first time. Any tips for a first timer?

11. Calvin Banks

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Hey my name is Calvin um… I just moved to South Carolina. And I was just wondering I have seen some of your pier videos. I have been wondering if you go red fishing what is the best lure or live bait for them

12. Jeevan Joy

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Nice video, well explained.

13. Noah Boudart

well put together video

14. John Hunter

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

so I wanna catch lady fish with a gotcha plug and 14 pound test and does it really matter where I fish for the ladys because I don't wanna go to far down and hook something big any suggestions

15. GOOFY ASS NIGGAH

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

goddamnitt, every video of pier fishing is like 20 seconds, make one long! please i have no life but this

16. Guri Zeigerman

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Spanish macks and pompano are a summer fish, pretty mush late spring like may until august-ish. Winter fish here are tarpon, snapper, spotted trout and whiting. Further into early spring you'd get into flounder, mahi, cobia and bluefish.

17. Eder

Awesome

18. Dakota Blankenship

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

On tha pier threadfin and swimbaits

19. liam tobin

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

what are good lures and baits for redfish and trout

20. OffDaHookFishin

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Kiawah is a great fishing island, also great if you are into golf. I don't know of a pier on Kiawah exists, but the beaches are empty enough that you can go out in the surf and fish off of the beach. I would also recommend bringing some redfish/trout gear if you are into that kind of stuff, those fish are super thick in the estuaries there. Good luck and tight lines!

21. liam tobin

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

dude these videos r just the thing i need. i am going to Kiawah soon and i was wondering if u know of any piers there thanks

22. Adam H

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Are you going to be around next week? I'll be fishing GC pier pretty much every morning.

23. Teagan Stewart

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

please do more shark fishing i live in bc and the only thing close is dogfish

24. OffDaHookFishin

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Up in SC we catch pompano late spring/summer. The Spanish macks are caught around the same time. During the winter-March here we pretty much only catch whiting and black drum, and redfish around march.

25. Gerald B. Fly Fishing

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

what times of year can you catch pompano? I go to palm beach florida in the winter and march. I know theres tons of blacktip in march but but what other kinds of fish are around during winter-march? Also can you catch spanish macks in early march or in late december?

26. OffDaHookFishin

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

I was planning on including that in the next video!

27. kaleb davis

January 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Hey love your videos there pretty awesome than some others would u mind if u get a chance make a video and post how to work that gotcha plug I got one and don't know how to work it.(your ADVICE)