Shimano Spinning Reel Maintenance Tutorial showing how to clean, disassemble and properly oil your reel. Check out the full article: http://wp.me/p2IaSa-16d

1. Pavel Novolokin

900+ Shimano JDM and Daiwa Real Four spinning reels' schematics:

2. Jeff Smith

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Soo essentially the main gear, entire worm gear, a couple bearings just sit inside the body and collect all the grease from the pinion. If you don’t open the sideplate and clean it you’re just building up a stockpile of muddy grease. It’s just a few screws, you could actually not even disassemble it but just clean it out!

3. Rammell Transfiguracion

my eyes hurt

4. Jeff Smith

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Yeah except the major parts you didn’t touch?

5. Chris Rubin

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Now my anti reverse wont work

6. Sundeep Joseph

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Hi, i got an old shimano titanos biomaster 2000gt and it makes perfect clicking sound while retrieving. Is it normal? Are there reels which are intentionally made to click while retrieving? I opened it up and looks like it was made intentionally so..confused am i. Any info about this problem will be appreciated. Thnx

7. Gregorio Zuccaro

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Not completely broken down..

8. Henry chuang

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Why am I watching this I don’t even own a fishing rod.

9. Gary McCraw

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

That's not a full reel cleaning job it's just 1/2 of it. i take it all the way down and clean it right.

10. hi sir. i did all the proses and the roller click not working. i placed all the spool washer the three of them. now.. if i place onky two of them, the clicker work fine. so what to do? its ok to use only two of the spool washer instead of 3 of them?

11. Rob P

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

I just got this Reel plus a Shimano 6'6 Jig Rod with a bunch of tackle for $30 I want to use it but I'm going to wait till I have the right stuff to do the Maintenance it seems good right now But it's my first Shimano and it spins very freely and smoothly

12. Robert Douglass

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Would this be the same on the shimano twin power 5000 , cleaning and oiling ?

13. Robert Douglass

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Hi can u tell me how to move the handle from 1 side to the other on the twin power 6000/8000 the 1 with the 2 screws that hold the cap on ? It won't just screw off and on the other side like some.

14. sling shot

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

I would like to know how it wil slow the reel down. when you flip the arm off the string it unspools the reel dont turn to let it out

15. zog noty

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

and there is nothing to do when you remove side plate ? junk!

16. JD Jackson

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Definitely do oil the clutch rollers on a regular basis.

17. mikeanthony07

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Is Ardent Reel clean cleaner just a degreaser spray?

18. Giancarlo Sala

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Hi my name is Giancarlo from Lima peru I wanted to know if you have and you can sell me pieces of these reels
    Stradic 5000 fj

19. Bodhi Zafa

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

In my opinion the tutorial was pretty good all my reels get the side plate removed an 100% Synthetic grease gets applied to all gears inside the body. Just my preference. 1 little drop of oil there doesn't cut it. And you missed maybe the most crucial part of the reel wich is the line roller. Good thing I maintain my reels myself. No affence but big slip up. I have sum inexpensive reels that don't even use a ball bearing there so to me it's a critical lube spot.

20. Антон 178

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Смазка Ardent не подходит для обслуживания. Очень быстро высыхает и теряет свои свойства. Grease Ardent is not suitable for maintenance. Very quickly dries and loses its properties.

21. Tom T.

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Thank you for this video which helped me immensely.  Very professionally done.

22. andreea marian

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

clutch means friction disc. where u get friction discs retard? în The spool
    1 metal. 1 Red material. 1 metal 1 Red material. stfu

23. mcconn746

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

The wire in the bail came out of the fitting on my Shimano. I have 4 on order but they are not expected for 3 months. How can I reattach the wire so it will hold? How does the factory attach it?

24. John Hall

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Re: Stuck gear. I was able to move the gear about one-half inch. Then it froze and will not come off nor return to the original position. Any suggestions for how to remove the gear?

25. Kevin Steiger

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Extremely pleased that you posted this video; however, as others have commented, oil is no substitute for grease. In addition, it is not suggested to insert oil into the body of the reel. There is grease inside which would thin out. Either leave it alone or open it, use a solvent to remove the grease, and then re-grease it. And, last but not least, the most important maintenance to a spinning reel is the drag. The drag washers should be, at the very least, cleaned and lubricated. At most, they should be replaced with carbontec washers and lubricated properly. But, again, I thank you for your video — it's more than I've done for the fishing community.

26. andreea marian

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

The Black ring is not The clutch idiot. The clutch is in The spool. The Black ring with screw îs The antirevers

27. mikeanthony07

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Joe, looks to me that the pinion gear went back in just fine !

28. Gary W

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Lots easier if you split the case. Degrease all the gears and slide. ReAssemble and fill with oil.

29. Opsanglerjp

March 19, 2019 at 7:36 pm

U lose a clutch assembly screw?

30. World´s news