Here is how I like to put fishing line onto my spinning reels to get the least amount of line twists as possible. I use braided line and a few different brands of fluoro that are really low memory.

Power Pro Super Slick Braid

LFT Lures FluoroHybrid FH

Have more questions or want to follow me around my outdoor circles?
Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/lakeforkguy
Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/lakeforkguy

1. BlackoutBill21

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

sub to my channel guys!!!!

2. Alex Mishchuk

so pure

3. Randy R

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Just put the line on like he says and take the spool off the reel and put it in hot water for five montane it will set the memory.

4. Jacob Harrington

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

My braid twists but never knots up..

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Thanks LFG

6. Tom Terry

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Honestly I just chuck the dingus of line in a empty slipper at my feet while I'm sitting in my arm chair run it through the big eye by the reel flip my bail up noose the goose hold a bit of tension on the line and crank away. First time I fish with new line I whip a krocadile a few times. Life is good.

7. Mason Green

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

I saw another video where they tell you to put the spook in warm water, I'm skeptical but what do u think LFG

8. Rocky Fry

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Have zero problem with baitcaster, tried spooling spinner today, nearly ran over the reel with my truck.
    whenever I'm done spooling and let go of the tension the ENTIRE line jumps off the spool and tangles.

9. Ryan Mozisek

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

I see some kind of line spooling station to the left of your computer. How do you go about putting line on bait cast when theres nobody to hold the spool?

10. Jay Franklin

GIG EM

11. mixwell1983

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

In new at fishing but watched a few spooling videos. Had my line on the ground and a few cranks in my line was twisting and birdnested. Im too annoyed to bother with it tonight but other vids didnt say run it througj the eye or keep it close. Im gna try that because i was about ready to snap my fucking rod outta frustration.

12. Sword Lord

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

I spool a spinning reel the same as I do a casting reel. Spool vertical with the line coming off straight at you with good tension. Problem with this method is the trying to keep good tension on the line the whole time you're spooling. You need that tension as it will fill the spool tight and a bit of stretch keeps the twist out and reduces memory. Loose spooling is the first step towards twist. When you're fishing…..does the line come in counter clockwise? No….it comes in straight.

13. mkallen56

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

hi, i am using monofilament line and i have done it backwards and forwards and upside down and i still get tangles out the wazoo. any suggestions?

14. Jon Thomas

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

I came across your channel not even a month ago and have already watched over 60 videos…fishing freak!

PLEASE do a video on spooling a baitcaster, I would love to hear your input on when to use what line, and how you specifically spool braid.

You're the man, keep it up! God bless

15. gripNslip

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

By eliminating the twist in the line on your spool, instead you're creating twist in the line when it launches off the spool. As you all know there is no "no twist" when it comes to a spinning reel. A spinning reel inherently has twists in its line and you cannot eliminate that twist. All you can do is to prevent it from awaking from its slumber and kicking in by feathering, tensioning, manual-closing the bail, etc. And actually it is better to have twist in the line on your spool than off the spool, ofc given that the line is spooled under proper tension. Daiwa has taken this theory to the extreme and they even recommend users to spool their spinning reels with TwistBuster feature the same way they'd spool their conventional reels to ensure that all the twists are on the spool not off the spool.

16. Videos From The Underground

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

What I did was to place the spool label up. then when a twist developed because the spool and the reel had very different diameter I reversed the spool face down until twist developed and turned it over again. Another way is to take a bit of tubing through the spool and just wind it on. Then once the line is on the reel I take it to the backyard and tie the end off with a swivel and go as far as I can and snap the swivel to a bit of line around a tree. Then I go back to the reel and wrap the line around my body and STRETCH the line. I was using PLINE fluorescent line and it is twisty and memory laden. Stretching and pulling the line made it a lot straighter. Then untie the swivel and reel in allowing the line to untwist back into the reel. Pline fluorocarbon coated appears to have a lot of memory but really glows in the sunshine so you actually see your line.

17. Ashiq Manzoor

vv

18. TotalMishap

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Seriously why didn't you show us the knot you used? Isn't that kind of important?

19. Wandering Druid

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

I am confused, @1:08 you say spool up, @1:32 you say spool down.

20. sadhvacman

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Logo up isn't always right in order to get it counter clockwise off the spool. Which is what you want. Reel is facing the spool and spinning clockwise. Therefore, the line should come off the spool counter clockwise. You are right, but logo up doesn't always guarantee the right direction, although it is supposed to. Some line mfg's get it wrong.

21. SmallTownBigVlogs

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Plz help every time i put on my flu line and i flip the bail and like 10 feet will come of plz help

22. Micheline Mimi

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

thx !!! that was very usefull !!!! i had problems with tanggling up lines … ..very good explanation !! =) looking forward to see more of your tricks /..

23. WOODPlLE

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

With the label facing up was that line coming off clockwise or counterclockwise

24. Maddux Walters

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

What rod and reel is that?

25. limirl

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

My line got seriously tangled up while spooling it started off just fine with no twists. I cannot get them out at this stage should I just cut the line and join the already spooled line to what's left on the new spool with a blood knot?

26. Rylee Kadish

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

i always put clear tape on my knot so its much more harder to pull off.

27. Soulrider2012

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Whether you have the spool of line standing up  vertically (or on some sort of peg) or have it laying down flat on a table, horizontally, couldn't possibly make any difference.  The line is still coming off the spool the same way.  The ONLY thing I can think of that would make a difference and effect or cause line twist as far as the orientation of the spool when loading line would be which SIDE of the spool the line is coming off of.  The line has a natural twist to it or a "memory" from having been on the spool so you want to try and match that to the way it's going on the reel.  So, the comment about watch for line twist and flipping the spool OVER seems valid but whether you have the spool standing vertical or laying down flat makes no difference.  Either way the line is still coming off the same side of the spool (until you flip it over and cause it to come off the other side).

28. No name

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Straight forward ,no bull I like it. Now onto to respool my pole I meant fishing pole

29. crazy cotton

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

That was def needed thanks

30. Jacob Rutledge

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Or you could take it to your local bait shop and have them do it for you especially if the have a line winder.

31. LeadMunitions

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

I got a closer look…not so much:}

32. LeadMunitions

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Is that a Stella i see strapped to that rod!!

33. Cole Rousey

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Justin please tell me you took the plastic tag off the handle of the rod after the video lol

34. Preston Ray

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

What's on your wall that you have baits hanging on

35. Fishhound.com

Great tip!

36. daniel gomes

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

How does flourocarbon handle spinnign reels

37. Greer Beasley

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

what pound test braid do you use for spinning rods

38. OutdoorAdventures

Very helpful thanks

39. John Scully

You wanna give me one of those Curados?!?! +LakeForkGuy

40. Doughbodyboy

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

i put it through all the eyes and set the spool on the floor. hold the tip of my rod next to almost touching the spool and while i reel it on it spins on the ground on its side. works well!

41. 537VIK

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

can you do a video on how your tying the loop knot

42. Willsueu

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Can't say I've ever had backlash on a spinning reel before. Baitcasters on the other hand..

43. Cj Knox

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Instead of going under you can flip the bail up and flip it back down after you tie it

44. Hunter Robbins

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

If your going to use braid for a spinning reel could you or should you use backing?