Rods

Shimano Curado 201E7 – 7.0:1 gear ratio
Shimano Cardiff 301A – 5.8:1 gear ratio

1. Zach Hardimon

catfish!

2. Geeetar Lad

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Alright so I have been wondering if different companies rate there rods differently than others because I have a 7ft quantum accurist medium power fast action, and it feels just as stiff or stiffer than my 6'9 veangance abu garcia rod that is a medium heavy, moderate fast tip.

3. tightasfool

Thanks ill look into it

4. tightasfool

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Yea but I wanted a long handle so I can put it under my arm

5. tightasfool

I know its for swimbait

6. tightasfool

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Would the mojo bass rod sensitive enough for throwing jigs?

7. 97adog

Fuck yall
    Its all about that bass pro brand

8. stephen ray

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Hey great vid! Very informative! What do you know about the new curado e7's? I heard they're not as good as the old ones? Also what do you know about the lew's speed spool? I think it's about 100 bucks. Thanks!

9. W O

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

@Turtleboy0705 get a baitcaster, bass pro shop are probably the best, use an ugly stock or a Berkley lightning rod

10. Bassmaster Ice

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

I'm selling all of my corkgrip rods. All three together for $75.00. People are so broke, they can't pay attention! And these are quality rods too! One is a Daiwa Exceller, Quantum Tournament Edition, and one Berkley Tactix rod. All are 7' MH. The only thing I can't stand about Shimano reels is that the angler has to pop off the side to adjust the brakes. That's just too much work and time consuming. I select the reels that have the little dial on the side. Just twist the knob; DONE! FISH ON! 🙂

11. Bassmaster Ice

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Awesome vid! Not a big fan of Shimano. But never the less, Great presentation with the split screen demo. BPS (Bass Pro Shop) BEFORE SHIMANO! Being the bass samurai that I am, I have two abugarcia, two daiwa, one bps, and one Skeete Reese rod. Which one is my favorite? Bass Samurai doesn't have a favorite. Bass Samurai kicks bass on them all. 🙂

12. Mighty Sleepy

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Is the crucial good for jigs,frogs, and some texas rigs?

13. Kevin Bullington

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Great video! Good info and explanation.

14. ShimanoReels.biz

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

No doubt that either of those reel choices from Shimano will fit the bill nicely on that rod. My personal favorite is the Curado, but it does come with a little bit higher price. You won't go wrong with the Citica either. As darkness said, it is mostly a matter of personal preference.

15. Ricardo Martinez

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

hey can you help me find a reel im buying a 7' mh carrot stick with micro guides but i need a reel to cast like zoom trick worms weightless and stick baits far any help?im talking bout like a good 20-120 ft

16. Julien

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

@BassinNW I am just a beginner but I think I will use jigs more often than crankbaits . I really don't know what size or weight my lures are gonna be. I am lookin to buy the shimano compre (heavy) as the rod and the abu garcia ambassador C4 as the reel.

17. Julien

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

@BassinNW I have another question: can you use a 1/2 oz lure for a heavy rod like the compre knowing that the minimal lure weight for this rod is 1oz?

18. Julien

@BassinNW thanks 🙂

19. Julien

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Can you use the compre (heavy) to fish small fish ?

20. smoovefishing

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

@fishingdaybyday the mojo is a waste of money but the veritas and the carrot stik r nice, i have had all of the 3 but sold mojo way over priced and the veritas is super great just wish it had the semi micro eyes hope that helped u

21. Patrick Zajdel

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Nice video Dan, what do you think about the 6'10 MH Compre with the Curado 200e7 for jigs, plastics, and carolina rigs?

22. sakir ata jr

hey bassinNW i got 2 shimano reels for sale pm me for details

23. JDMichael07

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Where did u get the Citica for $99.00? Everywhere i look online and in stores they cost 119.99..

24. Patrick Zajdel

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Hey Dan! I might be considering a new reel for a topwater rod. Do you recommend the Shimano Citica for poppers and buzzbaits? And possibly flipping?

25. RailFilm Productions

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Nice video! I am looking to buy a new medium priced spinning reel to replace an older one and I am considering a Shimano Sedona. Is this a good reel? If I don't get this one I am going to get a Plueger President reel. Thanks for sharing!

26. socalbassboy

January 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

man i need a swimbait rod…